Estate Susannaberg is the site of a former sugar plantation from the 1700s. The windmill tower of Estate Susannaberg was erected between 1780 and 1800 and is the second oldest windmill on the island of St. John. While the wooden framing and grinding machinery are long gone, the stone tower remains strong and sound. [Source: Library of Congress]
The estate has been owned by the same family, the Neptune Richards family, since the 1950s..